Sunday, April 12, 2015

Scars

Scars - Jina Wallwork

Within my scars is a memory of the path that I have walked. I have been sculpted by every cut. Experience has shaped me into the person I am now. I was not passively allowing myself to become distorted and jaded by every trauma. Instead, I gave myself the space to learn from every blade. I was capable of seeing the gift within every sadness and that vision has served me well. I have found great strength through accepting the past. Hope has given me the courage to let go of aspects of the past that don't respect who I am now. Optimism gave me a belief in the future and told me that my life would be full. I realized the substance within my hopes when I moved beyond the past and attracted new energy into the present. Life is beautiful; my scars are beautiful.