Monday, April 29, 2013

Greener

Greener - Jina Wallwork

I can see your beautiful green grass. It camouflages the soil completely. I cannot see your sweat deep within the earth, because I wasn't present when you prepared your ground. I can only see these beautiful results. If I could see the dedication, perseverance and struggle, I would feel no jealousy. Instead, I only see a grass that is greener than my own. With a superficial glance I imagine that your results came with great ease. I cannot see the fallen tears within the soil, because I was not there when you were frustrated by your difficulties. I cannot see the sacrifices you have made; I am blind to your journey. I can only see this moment and the success you have obtained. You could explain the struggle but I wouldn't listen, because it would only irritate me further. It would sound like a complaint. You would seem ungrateful of all you have achieved, moaning about the slightest obstacle that you have now overcome. Whinging about something I have always desired, but will never have. It would make my jealousy so much larger. You cannot explain your process because I wouldn't understand. You cannot share your journey with me. Your life is better; your grass is greener.