Monday, August 6, 2012

Mobius Ship by Tim Hawkinson

'Mobius Ship' by Tim Hawkinson
Photo credit: Robin Davis, distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license 

The idea for the sculpture comes from combining two different ideas, as the video below explains. The ideas do not command my attention. The object is stunning and I find that it speaks to the ideas within me, regardless of its intellectual origins. I feel as though I must hold myself back, from applying a meaning to the piece that was not intended. Although I feel that the loaded symbolism would speak to any audience. It is a beautiful design and wonderfully constructed. In creating this piece I wonder where he began. I feel intrigued by the object and pushed to explore it further. 
  
Click here to view the video on youtube