Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 22

'Day 22' by Jina Wallwork

I'm searching my memory for a day. I have analyzed her cruel words in an attempt to understand where they came from. I search for a day, when I may have assisted in their creation. What did I say? What did I do? I beg the past for answers and it merely increases my collection of regrets. There is no blueprint within the past. Perhaps, it can only be found in her past. Do they lie within her unique perspective of those days? I cannot see the error of my ways. Did I have the role of a villain? I want to ask and I want to understand. I want to see the day I caused her sorrow.

I scramble through these events and my imagination runs wild. I need to stop looking in the past and live for the moment. As I look back I can see her through a lens of regret, and I find it difficult to let go. If I cease to look into the past I will lose her completely. It is only my regrets that keep her within this day. I am not ready for tomorrow. 

'27 Days' is a series of transient sculptures each representing a day. To find out more about the series click here