Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 15

'Day 15' by Jina Wallwork

On this day I will hold my tongue. I will not speak from anger or sorrow. These are transient emotions that will pass in time. Perhaps, tomorrow I will no longer feel this bitter disappointment. Maybe, I will discover a new understanding that will explain the behavior of those who have caused this hurt. I will not speak today as I know it will only lead to future regret. No words will pass these lips because I need to know that my words will not be infused with anger. I will not regret today. It will not burden me as I travel forward. I cannot react to cruelty with anything other than silence. Tomorrow I will locate a space in which I feel the freedom to speak.

'27 Days' is a series of transient sculptures each representing a day. To find out more about the series click here