Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 8

'Day 8' by Jina Wallwork

I have a list of things to do. Plans for this day were arranged before its presence. Each task was prioritized and my time was divided accordingly. I thought I had planned for everything, and then a conversation makes me aware of emotions that I have been trying to ignore. I can feel my voice shake and I begin to cry. I become unable to complete the tasks of the day. I realize that I had been placing my emotions at the bottom of my list of priorities. As my emotions push themselves to the top of the list, I collapse within them. I know that this time is not lost, this time is important because it contains an acknowledgment of sorrow. If I cannot be fully aware of sorrow then I will also be incapable of recognizing happiness. This day has been a worthwhile journey into my emotions and I feel a sense of healing from the tears that have fallen. I did not plan for the occurrence of this day. It could not be avoided; it was needed above any other day and it could not wait.

'27 Days' is a series of transient sculptures each representing a day. To find out more about the series click here