Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 6

'Day 6' by Jina Wallwork

This is one of the most difficult of days. I keep reminding myself that with each moment, this day is coming to an end. I pass through the hours with the best fa├žade I can manage. I pretend that everything is fine because I want this day to drift beyond the memory of those around me. I do not want tomorrow to consist of constant reminders of the difficulties that exist within this moment. I don't want to experience a set of conversations that will emotionally position me within the events of today. I feel drained and exhausted. As I prepare for bed I am filled with a sense of relief. I can tell myself that it is over and I can await a new day. I hope that on another day I will be able to understand why this needed to be so difficult. These emotions of disappointment and sadness, they cloud this day and it makes it difficult to see why life needed to be so hard within this moment. Why did this day need to be so terrible? I ask myself these questions but I know that a single day cannot explain itself. When we pass through a time of difficulty, it can only be understood by placing it within the journey of life. When you focus on a difficult moment out of its true context, it reduces your ability to understand. A day can be magical or a tragedy but the journey contains all days. The entire array becomes a truly amazing experience. It is only within this context that I can understand this awful day as a piece of perfection.

'27 Days' is a series of transient sculptures each representing a day. To find out more about the series click here