Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 5

'Day 5' by Jina Wallwork

I am nervous for tomorrow. There are events planned that move me far beyond my comfort zone. My nerves seem to extend this day. I focus on the distance of tomorrow and this conscious analysis of time seems to extend each moment. I try to hold tomorrow at bay and because of this my mind becomes restless. The day extends further because I cannot sleep and I am becoming obsessed with the time it is taking me. I watch the clock, then I close my eyes, then I open them again in order to check the time. I cannot stop tomorrow. The events it includes will soon become the past. I think of this as I try to settle my nerves. Then I fall asleep and this long day finally comes to an end.

'27 Days' is a series of transient sculptures each representing a day. To find out more about the series click here