Sunday, September 18, 2011

Swift

'Swift' by Jina Wallwork

I can see both the darkness and the light. I can feel the change, it exists within me and I am curious to know where it will lead. If I am leaving a point of darkness and entering the light, I feel strangely unprepared. I have come to accept my current difficulties. I see my problems as teachers and I attempt to understand them. Change will create a new set of lessons for me to learn. I do not know what those lessons will be and it concerns me. I know my life and it is comfortable. The familiarity does not shock. I can feel this change, it is swift and although the speed is sudden I know that I must be ready. My life changes as I grow. I know this to be true and it leaves me with a sense of nervous excitement. Life is moving so quickly and I try my best to ignore the fear and uncertainty. It is time to step into the light. I move forward and the light is intense. As I wait for my eyes to adjust, I wonder what they will see.