Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To View the Blue Horses

'To View the Blue Horses' by Jina Wallwork (influenced by Franz Marc)

I can remember the first time I saw, 'The Large Blue Horses' by Franz Marc. It was the first image of his work that I was ever exposed to. The occasion is imprinted in my mind. I can remember where I was and who I was with. It was a significant moment for me. This image captures that moment. I don't believe that I simply viewed the work. Franz Marc became an influence and this was not conscious decision. If I had only viewed the work, I would not have established a true connection. I had interacted with the piece; we had shared a non verbal conversation through painting. What I had learned in the conversation shaped how I would communicate in my own art. My language contains elements of Franz Marc's. I am a firm believer of reincarnation and I would love Franz Marc to see my paintings when he returns. He would not remember painting the original piece, and this would not be important to me. I would like Franz Marc to see my work in order to continue the non verbal conversation; show him my response to his initial expression. It is possible to understand something visually that you cannot see as a tangible reality. You could know that a conversation is taking place without ever speaking during a life. A visual conversation with someone I admire.

'The Large Blue Horses' by Franz Marc

'To View the Blue Horses' by Jina Wallwork, is one of the images on show during the 'Liverpool Abstract' exhibition. 23rd September- 10th Oct 2010 The Gallery, Clayton Square Shopping Centre, Liverpool L1 1QR, United Kingdom.