Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Exhibition at The Crocus Gallery

 'Bee' by Jina Wallwork

'Eagles' by Jina Wallwork 

'Flight of the Bumblebee' by Jina Wallwork

 'Owl' by Jina Wallwork

'Puffin' by Jina Wallwork

Each image was created on a sunny day. Some bees have found a home in my garden and I had spent the day watching them. I began to draw the flight of the bee and this inspired the series. During their creation I felt the energy of Franz Marc and Wassily Kandinsky. I blended their energy together for each image I created. I combined the bold colors and animal subject matter of Franz Marc, with the abstracted structured composition of Kandinsky's later works.

I will be exhibiting these images at The Crocus Gallery from the 17th July-7th August.
Church Square, Lenton, Nottingham, United Kingdom, NG7 1SL
www.crocusgallery.co.uk