Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Hard Life

"When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "compared to what?"" -Sydney J.Harris

Our understanding of life is defined by our experience of living. When we start to believe in nothing other than those experiences, we lose all sense of possibilities. If you have hated all your jobs; does it mean that all jobs are awful? If your relationships fail; does it mean that you will never find love? We all learn what jobs and what relationships are right for us. We learn and become aware through experience.

From experience I have a fixed view of life, but one day my experiences may change and I may see something new. If I restrict my view of what life is, by believing 'Life is hard', I may never claim the new experiences that are open to me. Preparation combined with hope will always lead to new experiences.