Tuesday, February 16, 2010

When a Painting Becomes Jazz

The musician Ted Nash has created music based on famous paintings. In this collection of videos he talks about the process. I find it interesting how he has interacted with each piece, to create a place where music and art come together. The blending within the process is both art and music. The outcome of the project belongs solely to music. Through the process art and music connect, and then they divide as the piece is resolved. It raised so many wonderful questions in my mind, I had to share these videos.

Monet


Dali


Matisse


Picasso


Van Gogh


Chagall


Pollock


I would never have realized how big the link is between, Jazz and Jackson Pollock. I don't think any other form of music could capture his work.

www.tednash.com